Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Redo the test



Sadly this week I couldn't be in the biology lab like I used to, because the school was close on Monday for the President Day and I lost some hours, but on the other hand since I’m always busy and work every day even weekends, it was a right time for day off because I could celebrate my birthday and spend some time with my family and friends.
But back to my alellopathy project I believe that I mentioned in my last blog that Matt told me to redo the alellopathy test but in a different way. So basically I won’t do the leaf extraction again, and what I’m going to do this time is to take some crumpled up dried out leaves and put them in the petri dishes with the seeds and then water the petri dishes with just distilled water (5mL each)and determine if there’s an effect on germination of any of them.

120 set up petri dishes

So far I set up all the petri dishes, which are 120 petri dishes, just like I did before for leaf extraction. I cut off the filter papers, two for each petri dish. Then I started to label all the dishes with the name of the seeds and treatments. When I got done with labeling, I used the same seeds, radish, chard, lettuce and carrot. And I started to count 25 of each type of seeds and put them on the labeled dishes between the two filter papers. After set up the petri dishes I went to Phoenix College garden and collected the leaves from Sycamore tree, Sun flower, Orange tree, Mesquite and Oak tree. That’s where I stopped this week and for the next week I need to dry out some leaves, I’ll put some crumpled up leaves of a certain amount in the petri dishes and then I’ll water the petri dishes with 5 mL

No comments:

Post a Comment